View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #36
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I ran into a SNAFU, so the lowering is going to have to wait until I come home again. The drill guide isn't going to work as planned, plus the rear end that I was going to rob the 5-lug axles out of is completely welded inside. The spider gears, c-clips, axle shafts, and cross-pin are all welded together. Also, the rotors that came with the ECE kit have bosses on the back side right where I need to drill the smaller 5x4.75 bolt pattern.

I have ordered rotors from Boris (way2lo2) that are 1.25" thick and made for our trucks with the 5x4.75 bolt pattern already drilled. I am going to call Moser on Monday to get some replacement axles with the smaller bolt pattern as well.

Since I couldn't get it done this weekend, I figured I would do it digitally instead, because I can't wait to see it hunkered down with those wheels on it. I rolled some wheels in front of the existing wheels and did some digital magic to bring it down. I know my shading under the body is off on the color a little bit, and it is lower than the 4.5/6" drop will put it, but MAN it looks cool. I guess AFTER Cruisin' the Coast in October, I will do what I need to bring it down further while still keeping it a static drop.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 07-28-2017 at 07:26 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote