View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #26
sweetk30

Re: wierd cooling system problem noise ?

so no leaks at the heater core i can see now . i think it was pushing past the hose clamp and shooting in the cab . but i did find a old stock copper brass heater core and its on its way just incase .

but she still is pushing some fluid and possible gas/air/??? in the over flow but not near as bad as before . i mostly smell it a little bit .

at some point i am going to remove the ecm temp sensor from the vortec bypass port some guys us and some dont and re-plumb my setup to go water pump to intake center just under the t-stat and then heater core not sure yet . maybe back to the original way i had it intake to heater core to rad . . .

and i have a 195* t-stat in the engine . anyone think i should maybe drop down to a 180 range unit ? maybe this engine just wants it a little cooler than 195*

found this searching the internet . its a gm master instructions packet .

Any small block engine, regardless of year, that uses Vortec heads, will require an external coolant bypass line from the intake
manifold to the 5/8" hose nipple on the water pump (passenger’s side). Suggested routing is from the 3/8 NPSF boss on intake
manifold to the water pump.

and the whole thing is here. https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...e-19210007.pdf
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.

Last edited by sweetk30; 01-20-2019 at 01:15 PM.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote