View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:46 AM   #483
Smittie

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaKid View Post
Id love for you to find a 235 6 Truck with 4.11s that can drive 70 MPH.... Remember the Truck you are Referancing was a 1960....

I have a Hot rod with a 292, and I had a 50 chevy coupe with a Warmed up 250. They are awesome motors. I love 6s.

All I ever said was I don't understand the people that don't drive them. Its hard for me to think the only enjoyment you get from something is looking at it. But that's ok, its their deal.

Im not trying to cause drama here, I saw people saying that someone "Ruined" a vehicle by modifying it. and that's not cool.
The only point on which I agree with the original poster is that I hate to see low mileage, near perfect survivors get dropped, chopped, channelled and modified. Beyond that, we agree on all points. I also do not understand owning cars you do not drive. And I do love to see creative ingenuity. Even when it is not necessary something I would drive, I love a good, well done mod. Slammed to the deck, chopped to inches, channeled until you have to lay down to drive.

I like the sixes over eights because I think the engine requires more creativity, more thought and it is more unique. I agree times have changed and road speeds are higher than they were in 1960. But the stock answer of a 350/350 transplant is not the only answer. It is the most common answer which makes that set up about as cliche as a Mustang or a Camero (no offense to any owners out there).

I like living on the fringes. I like trying the things everyone else is ignoring. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the mainstream. I think threads like this one are important. For remembering where the vehicles came from and for celebrating the dwindling crew that gets their pleasure out of restoring to stock. The stock original crowd is an important component of the car/truck culture.

Respect. -- Smittie
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote