Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 07:52 AM   #182
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Im back. After getting back to work and remodeling a house completely, losing my father going through Covid and the crazy twists and turns of life I am getting back to ol'skool. The 383 we stabbed in the truck with a TH350 is not working out the way the wife wanted. After a few trips in it we decided that we wanted a robust power plant with an automatic transmission that can handle freeway driving and towing!!!!! Ill get to the towing part later. Most important is a reliable power plant that is not to crazy in power yet can be fun to drive and get some decent mileage. We picked up an LQ9 with a 4L80E. So the swap begins. I have been doing a little research here and there and have decided that their has got to be at least 100 different directions to go. As always I am open to suggestions, such as motor mounts. transmission crossmember, oil pans, wiring harness, radiators, and all the incidentals. I know this sounds crazy but why doesnt anyone make a full kit for these trucks? Oh well on to doing some research.

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote