View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
Harpie

The find of a lifetime!

Posted over on the Facebook side but wanted to share here also. I recently received a call from a family member asking if I was interested in my Great Grandfathers old truck. I immediately said yes because I had heard this truck was stored away by my Great Uncle when he had passed in 1990. 42K original miles with the original paperwork when it was purchased and inspected on 1-9-1971. Protecto plate, manual etc all still in the plastic and the envelope with Protecto plate is still sealed shut. After getting the truck in my possession I have the papers showing the dealer installed paint to match toolbox, cedar bed rails and grill guard oh and cruise control. It also showed where my Great Grandfather had the truck undercoated at the dealership. The bed had a rubber mat its entire life and doesn't even show any scratches other than a small dent by the right tail light the truck is as it was when purchased new. After a little tlc the truck fired right up and this week I am changing all the fluids and hoses, belts etc.. also a master cylinder is needed. Everything works from the am radio to the CB just one rear side marker bulb is out. This truck is an absolute time capsule and I cant wait to enjoy every minute with it. 1971 C10 Cheyenne Blue with White cap and 42k original miles rust free stored in a concrete block building for 28 years.
Attached Images

Last edited by Harpie; 01-08-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Harpie is offline   Reply With Quote