View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Headlight Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
The factory 1960 method in essence was the garage door visual setup from 25 feet with a bunch of markings for centerline and headlight height at the front of the vehicle.

The problem being with the old sealed beam bulbs, it's hard to determine "exactly" where the hot spot in the center of the beam is located. The tool eliminates that problem and allows precision adjustment with a much tighter tolerance than available by any other method.

However I’ve swapped over to the H4 style separate reflector/bulb on the low beam bulbs (post #853 on my build thread):

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...444502&page=35

The new headlights deliver such a razor sharp cut off image the tool really isn't needed for those bulbs. If I had it to do all over again I’d swap out all 4 bulbs to the new design and save the cost of the tool. But since I already have the tool, and rarely use my high beams, I’m saving the cost of the conversion and keeping the alignment tool for dealing with the old style high beam lamps.
I know this is a old thread but wanted to take a minute and say thanks. I just bought one of these kits for less than $70.00 and your right up will help a bunch on the use of it. Thanks mine came with the instructions but don't know how good they will be.
I do have a question though, do you know what the second picture is and what it does.
again thanks for the write up and any info.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote