View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #3955
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
That's not that much, I do that every day.
I have always said I will share the good and the bad. Restoring vehicles is not as glamorous as they show on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Sounds like a lot of my days too. Hope you8 get to feeling better Alan!
Thanks Bill, it's all better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
This is the way all my days turn out.......Hang in there buddy

Oh bye the way, Happy 20th Anniversary to you and your wife !!!!!!!!
Thanks Ronnie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
$hit happens Alan. I just had a couple of bad days too. Like one foot forward, and two backwards. Hang in there, and keep focused.
Posted via Mobile Device
with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Alan, if your having trouble with your gages, check the ground.. Don't use the same ground for the gages as the dash lights.. if you do it will be gounding the gages through the lights and give you all kinds of fits.. Run separte grounds for the lights and and gages. All gages can be grounded together and all the lights can be grounded together but run separate lines to a body ground or the gages will act up.. You can even use the same ground point on the body but use separte lines for each circuit to the ground point.. It seems like you can ground them together but you can't.
Diode in the alt circuit is shut down the elecrtic out of the alterntor so the engine will not run after shutting off the key..
Thanks, The only thing wrong with the gauges is I had a couple wires I had to swap around when I made the harnesses. I guess I was color blind, since they are color coded.

That's some good info on the grounds. Mine are all dedicated on their own circuit.

I fit the fenders before and you would think it would be a snap to put them back on. I was wrong. The passenger side took me a while, and I'm still not happy. The drivers went on fairly easy.

I oiled the repop latch and it's working now on the the drivers door.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote