View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Re: Californis Turbos equalivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mc bride View Post
well these lasted good while.I know not thrush or a Cherry bomb. I know will not find same ones but looking for something with simular sound. Cherry bombs diffently not it,glass packs not happening and the now popular Flow master just have a annoying sound while running at constant speed. Amy check you tube for videos of differant muffler.
Cherry Bomb and Thrush both make multiple mufflers, not just the "glasspacks" They also make Chambered (like flowmaster) and Turbo mufflers. I run a Thrush Turbo on my little daily driver Mazda because it gives a nice quiet sound with no drone, only slightly louder/deeper than stock. (Well actually WAY quieter than the stock rusted out muffler). Dynomax/Walker, and plenty of others offer turbo mufflers as well.

From the sound of what you describe a Magnaflow muffler might would suit you fine, it gives a nice deep refined tone without drone (if you pick out the right one). Remember the longer the case, the quieter and less drone you will have.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote