View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
mknittle

Re: Lets talk body/frame swapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
the thing is, diesel prices fluctuate much less with the market...and with a continued rise in oil prices diesel SHOULD hopefully be a bit more stable because of commercial markets. Speculation obviously, as I'm not an oil analyst lol.

Anyway, my reason is a "because I want to and it would be cool"....and I figure that if I'm going to do it, a diesel is unique and may provide a level of economy that a large displacement gasser may not.
My thinking is as such. I want and need a decent sized vehicle because of my physically size and the desire for at least some cargo/bed space. I' need to move parts etc for my 66, and eventually might need to haul the truck itself. Since I can't find what I like, it actually might be more cost effective to just build it...keeping a cool truck (body at least) on the road and out of the scrapper, and giving me a cool daily. \

I guess what I need to find out also is....how much can I do this for? Sure it'll cost a bit, but the majority will be labor and the diesel truck to start. Hmmmmmmmmm.
True, and dont forget that in 400,000 miles the gas engine goes through a lot of tune up parts. A cummins dosen't have sparkplugs ignition wires or even glow plugs. And you can get a lot of hp and good milage.

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote