Thread: 72 Blazer build
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 12:05 AM   #43
Slippy

Re: 72 Blazer build

Hey Guys, sorry I haven’t updated in a while, Reassembly has been going pretty decent and I’ve been poking away at it.
Doors are on and completely assembled now, the felts drove me crazy as the holes in the doors were in a different spot than what was on the felts strips. Ended up having to carefully make new holes.
I finallly received my new gauges from Dakota Digital, they are the RTX series and I have never seen cooler gauges in my life, so glad I went with them, I will have to get a pic tomorrow and get it posted, all I had on my phone was a video.
All dash wiring as well as rear taillight wiring is complete now and the American auto wire harness worked as expected.
My dad and I have been working on recovering the seats and are slowly getting them done also.
My windshield luck has been pretty crappy, we ended up cracking the first windshield during installation when we were roping it in, a metal pick has no business near the edge of a windshield..haha.
The second windshield we installed without any drama but once it was installed we could see a manufacturing defect in the glass causing distortion when you looked through it, so it came out again also and am still waiting on the third one.
Also received my new SPID from Jeff at Outintheshop.com, looks incredible.
Attached Images

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote