View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #105
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Larry, it is looking awesome! I like the paint job, and the lift made this truck look sweet. There's only one thing I'd change, just because it drives me nuts. The rear axle doesn't look centered in the wheel opening. I'm guessing that is from the shackle flip install. It did it to my Longhorn too.
Hehe, it is far less noticeable now with the smaller 315’s and the tall skinny Q78’s Super Swampers taken off. I had another guy on Expo Portal tell me my springs were in backwards.

The shackle flip does swing the axle forward a tad where a small .5 to 1” offset zero rate would move it back a where it would be centered. At the moment the rear shaft is almost too short so I wouldn’t want to move the axle back just yet. I’ll wait to see what driveshaft work needs to be done when the NV4500 project gets underway then may add a zero rate to move the axle. I don’t even notice it and even far less noticeable in person.

I agree, with vectorit that this might just be a Suburban thing as even the pre-lift pictures look like the axle is forward a tad.

Funny though that nobody noticed stuff that really matters like the front axle not having the caster shims installed yet and the front tires layed down like road grader tires when they are turned all the way left or right. Installing caster shims this weekend.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote