View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #119
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrollin70gmc View Post
Looks great Larry, but there is a little bit of misinformation here:

How is this the dirty end! Well, maybe compared to the "after" scrubbed and buffed transfer case it was. All kidding aside, I'm digging how the shifters look stock and awesome at the same time.
Thanks! I was pretty lucky as this burb was already pretty clean and leak free when I got it in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red450ih View Post
Larry, could you have moved the NP241 Tcase shifter to the rear enough to reuse the original plastic housing and boot?

I'm considering the same swap for my '85 with 465/208 and want to retain the original Tcase shifter boot. I was hoping to move the Tcase shifter to the rear since it has a one rod linkage and would be easy to shorten.

BTW, Great write up!

Thanks,
Keith
Not really because if the tcase shifter assembly is moved back any further it starts to go down on the rear slope of the trans tunnel. The original big plastic tcase shifter bezel is just too big to fit nicely when using a late model NV4500 shift boot. I might have been able to use the original 241 shifter boot but I didn’t want to destroy the entire plastic bezel to remove the boot when I had the 205 boot and bezel handy.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote