View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
gmjim4x4

Re: Speedy sleave for front output shaft on NP205

I finally got around to getting at the leaking front output shaft on my NP205 transfer case.....boy when you havent worked on something for 5 years or so, you forget a few things......I now realize that the "Yoke" and the "shaft" are two distinct things! Boy what a breakthrough for me....I had forgotten completely that the seal is around the Yoke that is going over the shaft splines. The nut is then screwed on to the shaft to hold the yoke into place. I see the new NP205 how to rebuild thread is on the main board and went and looked at that. I see the RTV that jbclassix put on the shaft splines, and I am wondering if not having that could have been the problem all along...or maybe not having the nut at proper tightness, or maybe I need a new nut? OK, does anybody have a part number for the 32 spline yoke speedy sleeve? How about the custom seal for the larger opening? would they be the same as the 10 spline that jbclassix shows in his thread? Or should I just get a new Yoke and call it good? I will add a picture of the yoke as soon as I can. All help would be appreciated. The guys that have contributed all ready in this thread have really helped.....I just didn't realize it !
gmjim4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote