View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #11
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: Why all the 2wd blazers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattTX View Post
Long wheel base stepsides weren't produced In large numbers either. Though everyone still hates them. I myself would choose a long step over over a short step any day, but if you knew me you'd find out, I'm an odd fellow. I want hold it against you if you do 4x4 by 2wd conversions. In fact I will respect you for keeping these things out of the crusher. But how come a 4x4 can't be a hot rod or a street cruiser? I don't understand why it HAS to be a 2wd.
It's a challenge to build a truck that rides and drives great and that will put the pinch welds on the ground when aired out. There are products around now that will help you achieve this but they're still expensive and require some skill to install properly. But when done right it looks great on a square. Like Pedroski said, not many 2wd's were produced, so given the scope of the project, it's not that much more work to start with a 4x4.

I like them 2wd or 4x4 (I own one of each) so either way is fine with me. I just enjoy watching them get built to the owner's vision, whatever it is.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote