View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
jrthe1

Wierd Turn Signal Issue

So, I had a mechanic mount my ebrake handle I sourced from Aspen Auto run new front and middle cables. Wonderful. My emergency brake works.

I am now blowing turn signal fuses. The fuse does not blow with the ignition switch turned on or even with the engine running at idle when using the turn signals (either side). However if I go for a ride and the voltage meter approaches 13 volts on my under dash voltage meter, the fuse snaps. But only intermittently. Sometimes it will work normally for a few days. Also, the fuse blows whether or not I use the turn signal. When I uses the turn signal and it works, the voltage meter jumps from positive to negative.

I disconnected a wire clip that joined wires from the steering column to the fuse block and it still blows the fuse. The whole truck has been re wired by PO and has a EZ? wiring fuse panel.

Could the alternator be putting out too many amps? I don't see a voltage regulator anywhere. Is it internal to the alternator? I dunno. I'm not too good with electrical issues.

Please help.
jrthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote