Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #1369
swamp rat

Thumbs down Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey Mike the gray wire you speak about I think is the wire that supplied power to the ancient fiber optic that provided light to the automatic shift window on the steering column. I think most dash lights are supplied by gray wires. Like to the dash/instrument panel, and AC/Heater control background lights.

Thanks Vic and c10;

Well I have this plug, I remember the fiber optic lead slid through the hole in the metal bracket, through the hole in the plastic, but I sure don’t know what ever happened to the fiber optic lead, on the other hand my new column came with a grey electrical wire not a fiber optic lead, if the guy installed a light bulb it’s an easy work around.

Update: Took a multimeter and checked the wire on the column, continuity to ground. Then checked my correspondence with the guy I got the column from, he said it plugs into the fuse panel, pretty obvious, plugged it into the light circuit and it lights up fine.

New problem, My right turn indicator on the dash bezel lights up with the lights on, Ground issue? it didn't do it when I took the bezel out....

After I got the seat in the truck I fired up the engine and discovered that I have feedback droning through the subs, I can’t remove the seat by myself so I used a couple motorcycle tie downs strung from the roof gutter to the adjuster base and raised the seat enough to move some wires around and rotated the Audio Control crossover to further isolate the wires, if that don’t work then I may need professional advice, main power on passenger side of hump, RCA on driver side of hump, 6x9 speaker wires run under subs, front speaker wires run in passenger side door channel but are not used.

Early July..... Summer time..
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 07-06-2018 at 09:17 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote