View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Rebuilding master cylinder - manual brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spddm0n View Post
Hey Steve -
Thanks for the reply. Here are some pics...
This is the pic of the kit I bought...

Also, here are a few pics of what I pulled out of the master cylinder...
Looks like there is some corrosive damage, but perhaps it could be cleaned up properly. I just thought they would include the second piston assembly. ??

Is there a way to purchase one with both piston assemblies? I searched a lot of places and everyone is selling this same kit.

Also, where would I purchase the brake lines for the front and the rear axle? Can those be purchased at a typical parts store or do I need to start getting familiar with specialty websites?

Thanks!!!
Yeah, that may be the right number on the box, but the parts could have been, as we say in the parts business, "Boxed wrong". It would appear that that kit is incorrect. I bought all new adjusters and spring kits for my truck, and had to take one of the adjusters back because it was the wrong part in the box. You can buy the flex hoses pretty much anywhere. I bought mine at a local NAPA store.

I bought a disc brake conversion kit that nearly all of the components were made in China. It's a sad state of affairs, I can tell you. But if you can't get the right parts, or if the bore of the MC is too corroded, you're probably stuck with Chinesium. Just know that the life of the parts is a lot shorter than real parts. This, I'm certain, is done for a reason- $$$ for repeat purchases.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote