View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
scoutcamper

65- Factory Tank for EFI

Hey Everyone,

I finally finished building my TPI engine for swapping into my dads 65 C10. I do have a question though.

I am using the factory tank in the factory location(behind the seat). I know I need an return line for the EFI system and I am planning on drilling and tapping a return line into the sending unit(and putting a hose down into the bottom of the tank to prevent splashing).

Has anyone done this before? I am not interested in moving the tank to under the bed or anywhere else, and I really need to do this on a ultra tight budget(spent all the $$ I had for this year on getting the motor ready, need to do the truck prep-work as cheap as humanly possible for now, can go back and make upgrades later).

If no-one has done this before, I will have to do a write-up on it(planning on doing one for the motor install anyway).

Edited to add: I will be using a Ford E2000 Fuel Pump as an Inline pump, probably mounted on a fuel rail somewhere, low pressure fuel line feeding it, high pressure from the fuel pump to the motor, and low pressure for the return line from the motor to the tank.

Last edited by scoutcamper; 05-11-2016 at 08:28 PM.
scoutcamper is offline   Reply With Quote