View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #17
muddstir

Re: Offroad lawnmower

I can't believe its almost been two months since my last post. I've been on optional overtime since july and then they decided to make it mandatory in the middle of november. So that meant 5-12hr days and 8 hr on sat, so not much got done.
I ordered my rear tires and they came in around 11-15-2011 I went with kenda bear claws 26x12x12 their a little more aggressive than I wanted but in that tire size they are about the least aggressive ones I could find. The wheel is a g-force slammer, I got the bigger offset ones and I now found out that 90% of the tires extend out of the fenders. The fenders that are on this body are really narrow so I'll try to widen them to cover more of the tire. I haven't ordered the front tires yet becouse I can't make up my mind on the rims to get. Im going to run kenda tires up front, the smallest ones they make for a 12in rim is a 24 but im not sure if I should run the stock offset- the rim looks flat on the outside. I dont like the look of the rim but I like the look of keeping the tires closer to the body giving it the tractor look, or go with the deep offset rims- they look 100 times better but i think it will look to wide and not really flow with the look of the tractor. Heres some pic of rims and tires
Name:  Copy of DSC0107.JPG
Views: 2045
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  Copy of DSC0109.JPG
Views: 1981
Size:  90.3 KB
muddstir is offline   Reply With Quote