View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #25
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

I have the week off from work and the wife is out of town visiting her parents so I’ve been busy playing with shop projects.

Today it was the Suburban’s turn for attention. It has needed a clutch from the day I brought it home and I decided to pull the engine instead of pulling the tcase and trans as I wanted to give the engine a good cleaning, reseal, clean up wiring, etc. Also installing an ORD steering box brace while the engine is out as it is so much easier to install with the engine out of the way.

How cute that little 5.7L is! I got so used to playing with big blocks these small blocks are like Mini Me's. A whole lot easier to man handle around by yourself too!

The engine and engine bay all steam cleaned up by late afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised to find how clean the inside of the engine was once I popped the intake off. Since the engine was coming out I figured I’d might as well throw on fresh intake gaskets. Glad I did, as I found an external coolant leak by cyl #8

I should have the flywheel back from the machine shop tomorrow and can start going back together once the paint dries.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote