Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #27
CSHADES

Re: project 39

I got all the brake line, underhood vacuum and fuel lines done. So I thought I would wire the engine temporally to start it. I got it running after a bit of messing with the dist. It runs like total garbage, so I do a compression test and have 3 cylinders with 0 psi readings. Pull the valve cover off the passenger side and see there are 2 exhaust valves hanging open. I assume they had been bent in the past, I pulled the heads off to see if I could replace the valves with some used ones from another set of heads I had laying around. When I pulled the head off the drivers side I discover a bolt lodged in an intake valve that screwed up the seat pretty bad. I also discovered a fair amount of silver goo up on top in the heads which I assume is worn bearing material. At this point I have to make a decision on my next step. I decided even though I had planned on rebuilding the engine during the building of the truck I was not really ready to do that at this point. So I dug out the other nailhead that I had tucked away right after I got the one that I had put in the truck. This one had come from a friend of my brothers that had some property that this car was left on and wanted the car gone. I went and retrieved it for free, pulled the engine and a bunch of smalls off it. The junk guy gave me $200 for it when I was done. So I dug it out the other day and removed all of the unwanted parts off it and degreased it to put it in the truck. The first pic is the one I pulled out and the next 2 are going in. My goal at this point is to get it running and make the truck movable under its own power. I hate pushing projects around by hand.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote