Thread: Big Blue Burb
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 05:14 PM   #11
BGarza13x

Re: Big Blue Burb

So, slow progress. Really, no other progress but inspection/assessing the vehicle more.

I took more photos of the headliner. It is carpet, like from a home. looks like it was just cut to size and glued on decades ago, 1 section was hanging down, so I ripped it out.

The headlights, the brake lights, and the reverse lights all don't work. Also, the front side lights blink when turn signal, but don't come on otherwise. The rear side lights don't turn on at all, when should each come on?

The interior is gonna be a complete gut. There is some handmade box with speakers and air vents, which neither work, on both front and back. Haven't torn them apart to see if anything is worth saving from the vent work. Door interior panels are damaged, cargo interior panels are broken or missing, the bench seat may be salvageable, but I will probably just trash it, same with the captain seats and console. I've only been able to peek at the carpet underneath and it looks like trash, can't tell what the floor panel looks like yet.

The exterior, obviously, needs work. Scratches and dents, need to sand, bang out the dents I can, bondo, then paint it. I have a replacement front fender, but its damaged too, but better than the current (1 dent instead of multiple). I think I still need to fix the tailgate conversion. Haven't been able to look at it again with only 1 working arm at the time.

Mechanically, I want to take it to a shop to be evaluated. I know it needs new brakes. Engine seems to work well, but may need a tune up. The AC needs to be repaired, I could hear the rear vent, but could not feel air coming out.

All in all, it's gonna be some work. Together, it seems daunting, but I think I can take it section by section.
BGarza13x is offline   Reply With Quote