Thread: Industrial 327
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #15
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

Re: Industrial 327

Yep its a 510 for those of you who had said. I couldn't quite remember for sure but when you said that, it clicked right in my head. I have an older brother who tells me this thing has a steel crank in it and him and me have been chomping at the bits for the last 5 - 10 years to get our hands on this motor. Dad always said he would find a new head for it. I actually got the go ahead one time that i could have it so i started pulling radiator hoses and such and then he come out screaming "leave it alone!!" I just found a new head for that combine and then found you a 350 out of a grain truck. I still have that 350 and it came with a steel crank but it burned up when the HEI driveshaft I put in there did not match up with the oil pump shaft and after 3 days she was dead. Still kicking myself on that one. 3200 RPM probably does sound right but one time I remember looking at the tach while it was running through the field and it was saying somewheres around 6000 RPM. Dumb tach was probably broke. That thing was loud as hell as it only had some straight pipe headers for exhaust. Anybody got about 2500 bucks to spare so I can put that Holley Pro Fuel injection on this thing when i pull it out?
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote