View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #144
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

got the floor lined out and some of it actually bolted in. I had to be careful of the fuel lines but a little precision sledgehammering (isnt that a bit like saying bulldozer gardening?) and it gave me the 1/4" and the inch buffer I was looking for.

you know how great that shifter hole worked out? the factory S10 foam around the shift tower fits! go figure!

IMG_8358-1 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and another shot with the gas pedal hooked up to the TBI, with just enough room under it for the jute and the carpet! woop woop!

IMG_8360 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

here is the shot that was missing yesterday, musta missed a dot comma. today you can see the core support rods are installed and tight though

IMG_8362 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I used a highly scientific method of determining if the cab was square on the chassis and then to see if the support rods were centered.

IMG_8359 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

more hammering got the windshield hinges loose, I have been soaking them for a couple weeks now.

IMG_8363 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

here is another ironic problem. I only had 14 ET bulge seat lug nuts on the shelf, I like using the ET for the extra thread length when bolting on spacers. I have the 2.5 spacers here now and the 1" for the front will be here in the morning, so I ordered some more ET nuts so they would all be here at the same time. but with a plan for installing the artillery wheels tomorrow (I need to get the current wheelset on that 03 I just got, its tires are terrible swimmers and cant hold their breath very long) I thought I would put the 2.5 rear spacers on tonight.

IMG_8364 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

welp. crud. part of me wants to drill out the holes so the ET set fits, but I also have some tall thread open nuts and the other part of me says people install these all the time without ET nuts. I guess I will decide in the morning.

on another note, its been almost 2 months since our 21 year old cat wandered off presumably into the sunset but more likely into a foxes maw. we said we would wait a while to get another cat but our good friends momma cat had another litter and there is a pair that stick together, a slinky black one with serious claws and an orange tabby just like our old guy. we visited a couple times to gauge the temperament, and it will be a few weeks before they could go anywhere anyway, but I think my wife made up her mind.

IMG_7582 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

thats the old cat tree from the last kitten we had, my daughters cat that moved when she did.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote