View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #302
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. I took WMB up north to Castle Rock on Saturday which was about a hundred miles round trip. I got to run it at a steady 70 mph for most of the trip without any unexpected adventures. By playing with air pressures for the front bags I was able to get a decent ride quality after about twenty miles. It still wanders more than I would like, but haven't really looked at the steering box yet. The reason for the trip was to get the second row seat set up out of a 77 Burban. The donor truck was an ex county sherriff rig so who knows what may be on the seats. But mechanically they are sound.
I got reasonable gas mileage but with the speedometer reading about 8-10 mph low at 55 it is hard to get a good number on that. And here is a couple of pictures. Two of the new seats. One of some trucks at a shop in Castle Rock. And one from Sunday morning. I do think I may have a drive line issue developing as there is an ever so slight vibration above 55 I don't think I had before the trip north. But still less than a thousand miles on it so it just may be me. I will try to get more photos of the Burban about town. My notebook camera isn't very good for quick candid pictures though.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote