View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
gconn77

1984 Chevy C-10 With A 305 Motor - Vacuum Hoses and PCV Questions

I purchased an 84 Custom Deluxe with a 305. I don't know anything about its history; however, the motor is running good. I does have a few problems though that I would like to take care of. For now I would like to take the problems one at a time. I will post other problems later.

It seems that a lot of the smaller rubber hoses are all capped off. Also the charcoal canister on the lower right hand side in the engine compartment has all the empty spots where rubber tubes should be connected.

Basically I just want to get all these hoses connected back to where they are supposed to go. There is one hose behind the carb. There are two or three hoses in front/under the carb.

Also the air cleaner has a place where a hose should be connected, and also the damper that opens/closes which allows or blocks fresh air into the air cleaner does not close... I was reading that this is supposed to close when the engine starts in cold weather to help warm the engine up.

The engine runs really rough when first starting... but once it is warmed up it will idle and run forever...

Engine get horrible gas milage... 5 -7 miles per gallon.... calculations were not based off using the gas guage... I filled the tank, recorded how many gallons I purchased, and noted the milage... drove interstate at 65 miles per hour for 30 miles and then turned around and drove back, topped off the tank and noted how many gallons purchased, and then did the math.

I would love to get all the rubber hoses connected to their proper places... Haynes and Chiltons do not help me... very confusing.

Last edited by gconn77; 03-06-2005 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Spell Words Correctly in Title
gconn77 is offline   Reply With Quote