View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: Craigslist Finds Thread

Could be a real SS454, I guess. I don't know how to tell once they aren't original. I thing this one is very tastefully done. At least it's actually badass, unlike the factory version. The wheels are even close to factory looking, at first, but better. As much as I'm not a big fan of "graphics" I think I would want to have a more artistic, yet looks the same in general, SS454 painted/ar-brushed on just because and for one more touch of same but different and better.

That Tahoe is a deal. Broken axle shaft from broken u-joint from too big a tire for a 10-bolt or Dana44. Might be the yoke itself broke on a good u-joint. I like it, but too big for it's britches. Put some stock to a few inch lift spring on and 33-35" tires and you'll have something cool. It seems anyone who does an SAS also always go for all the height. I'd like to do an SAS job on my '95 Suburban and use stock springs. Probably be about a 4" lift. Then run 285/75-16s on 8" wheels. It would sit like a square body Suburban did (or a bit higher) and not turn every head...only those who knew what they were looking at

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote