View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #147
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

Re: 68 GMC 4x4 Suburban build up

Body mounts all done and installed with new hardware 7/16th carriage bolts for the radiator support I had to order.

Here is a picture with the old mounts vs new. Guess which side has new...

Cleaned out the whole interior including misc parts and tools, vacuumed it with my new shop vac, etc and pulled the rubber mat that was recovering the old plywood which I think looks sweet.

I'll probably throw the mat back in but for now it serves a better purpose of being UDNER the suburban for me to lay on while I work on it

Little rattle can on the frame rails with new bushings.... Nothing fancy as I don't want this truck to be either

Really getting antsy to get some serious work done on this and actually drive it. Still a few big hurdles to conquer but it IS closer. Its also discouraging as you find more and more rust the more time you spend working on these trucks but thats just how it goes.

I have a ton more pics and will do a play by play on the body mount replacement in the next few days as well.

Next steps are

Finally get the damn brake lines figured out for the front.

Whatever the hell is up with my clutch not returning or engaging all the way?

Get a 14 bolt rear axle and mounted up

Convert the Dana 60 to single wheel and rebuild it.

Find the mounting brackets for the back seat as PO cut mine for the ghetto gas tank

Drive it for a bit and ENJOY
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote