View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 02:12 PM   #323
TecRsq

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Crew Cabs Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodchev View Post
Do you still have drw hubs on the front? Swaping to srw hubs will narrow the front up.

Truck looks great!
Much thanks to the nice words.

DRW front hubs are still on and I'm looking at going SRW to get the track better matched. Also looking at going SRW hubs in rear, along with a rear disk conversion.

That should get me another 4 or so inches of width in the back.

I'm having trouble finding the front hubs, as they aren't many used ones floating around and new ones are a bite in the wallet. The rear hubs are being sourced also. Just a matter of finding someone who has them and wants my cash.

I'm trimming the front fenders this week and planning for a new dual exhaust system and front mount winch as next mods.

The winch will recreate ( Fred Williams ) " Alabama Army Truck " as seen in pages of 4 Wheel & Off Road magazine.

I'm also looking at headers, a hydraulic roller cam assembly for low to midrange torque, a dual plane intake, timing chain and ignition upgrades and a new carb. To provide some upgrades and grunt to the very nice running 7.4.

The truck has just a lil over 35,000 original miles and is as smooth as a year old rig.

Seems I'm always looking 2 to three mods ahead. The first was tires, wheels and suspension. So the results are moving along nicely.

[/IMG]
Attached Images

1986 Chevy K30 3+3, 454, SM465, NP205, D60 , 14 Bolt, CM Industries SS Flatbed, ORD 6" suspension, 9.00 x 16 Michelin XML'S
TecRsq is offline   Reply With Quote