View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 02:51 AM   #9
TurboLS

Re: 76 Stepside Resto

So I've decided I'm going to try and put as much detail on here for this suspension install. Nate at Porterbuilt has been very helpful, but they do not have a detailed instruction/guidelines write up for 73-87 c-10 as of yet. They are working on it.

Here is the 1st issue I've ran across. Driver side frame where the factory bump stop was located. The frame is bent down, probably for reinforcement. The new crossmember/panhard bar mount has a channel that goes on top and bottom of the frame and bolts on. This bent section of the frame prevents the the crossmember from going into position. I made the executive decision to cut the piece off. Hours later I while fitting the 2 piece C-notch I realized that was a bad call. The lower bolts holes for the notch and the crossmember are on the edge of the frame with no meat to drill. I will be welding a piece back on and making it right.

Not sure what the correct and easy route might be. Maybe if I had my torch setup, heat it up, bent it straight, trim the extra. Too late now. Don't make my mistake.
Attached Images

TurboLS is offline   Reply With Quote