View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #108
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Ok, so today I finished cutting the half circle out of the floor patch, or I should say my wife did. I asked her to do it as I figure she is better at cutting straight lines, or circles, than I am. And I think as I post the images you will see what I am talking about. She did a pretty good job over all.

So, in the first image below, you will see my wife Josie cutting the metal. Took her a second to get used to using the grinder and all the sparks flying, but she got into it pretty quick. It's kind of funny, because she uses the excuse of not liking power tools to get out of using certain lawn tools.

So, I test fitted the piece and I am having some trouble lining up the holes at the front and rear cab support. The hole for the seat belt bolt seems to be lined up pretty well, and the areas that are not straight seem to be in the right position when you line it up with the floor.

Of course I have some serious gaps in some places. I thought I was being safe and cutting closer to the edge than necessary, but I guess I was wrong about that!

Take a look and let me know what you think. I could use some guidance at this point.

I screwed the seat belt bolt in loosely to keep the piece in place. I stuck some other screws in the hole at the cab supports to try and line them up, but they are not bolted in or anything.

Do I try and get everything to line up, or do I make new holes in the patch panel to bolt them in?
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote