View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:32 AM   #1911
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Stopped by the bodyshop today to verify what date they can receive my chassis? Monday the 24th is the date. The marriage of cab, front clip and chassis will then happen and I'm hoping it'll be ready to go to the shop for wiring, start-up, etc by the end of the week or the 28th (fingers crossed).

Marcos; the painter, didn't know I was stopping by today but was still color sanding & polishing the cowl, dash top and back wall of the cab. I'm REALLY pleased he does the right thing even if no one will see.

Different subject entirely: Rims. I've been looking at every dark colored Task Force I can find online to narrow down which I want. I decided on 17's (though Mike was kinda pressing for 18's) I'd given up on 5 spoke Budniks or Boyds because they are just too expensive. It would be easy to spend $1500-$2000 just for rims, no tires- no way! I'd decided I'll be happy with Coy C5's or possibly Torq Thrust II's

BUT THEN..... my nephew found an ad on OfferUp for a set of Boyd's 17's that are filthy and neglected for $350 obo. Seller claimed they were on a parts car Camaro he bought, didn't know how wide or the backspace on them. Plus, they were 6 hours+ from me but only 1 hr away from him. Nephew bought them for $300 for me yesterday. Said he took his life in his hands because 3 bearded, heavily tattooed (even on their faces and necks) 20-something bikers living in the middle of nowhere greeted him. Says he nearly just scrammed outta there, but it went ok. He says they're not bent but one has some repairable damage on the inside bead - but they still hold air. At only this price I feel like I stole them and I can afford to have them professionally repaired and re-polished. I'm REALLY pleased about this.

"Before" condition:

What they'll look like "After":

...and if i decide i don't like/want them i can flip them without losing money

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 04-20-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote