View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
CSHADES

Re: 1940 dash replace

This weekend I decided I should build the glovebox for the 40s new dash. I have a couple of half sheets of white painted aluminum left over from a trailer project. I figured I could make it, paint the out side black and use headliner material on the inside. So I bent up what I thought was a perfect box on the 3rd try. I was using the mockup cowl to test fit everything it looked good until I realized when looking at the truck I didn't have the defrost vent figured in the build. So of course it doesn't fit. While I had the dash in the truck again I thought I had better check the headlight switch for fitment also. That was a good thing to do also. The switch fit the dash great but its to bad I cant roll the window down with it in the position that I planned because the knob doesn't clear the window crank handle. Luckily there is an unused hole in the dash that had a chrome plug in it that the switch fits and clears everything else. So let this be a lesson to you guys always test fit everything before paint.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote