View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:15 AM   #25
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

Next up was the trans, I really wanted a 700R4 but just couldn't find one for sale in the UK at sensible money. I had an old TH350 that I'd used for mock up when building my A bone and the TH350C that had come with the truck, I couldn't decide which one to use, then I got an offer on the TH350 , which would cover the re-build of the 350C so that made my mind up. I know 350C's have their faults, small pump, overheating etc, but I'm not going racing and the lock-up convertor does give (a wee bit) better gas mileage.

I had the trans "freshened up" by a local firm, normally a job I would do myself, but at the time thought it would be quicker to farm it out. This turned out to be a mistake, the service was really poor and very slow, I would neither recommend them or use them again.

Name:  IMG_0674.jpg
Views: 2040
Size:  38.2 KB
The new torque convertor was supplied by Steve at Langys Rod shop ( http://www.langysrodshop.co.uk ) someone I would be very happy to recommend. Although primarily a rod shop they deal with Bothers, LMC etc and are also happy to do bespoke orders. The service is always great and Steve is a really nice bloke to deal with.
Name:  Trans.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  45.0 KB

While I was busy the trans was given a coat of dark metallic grey (only because I some left over from some wheels I had painted) a chrome pan and convertor shield. With combination of engine crane and engine stand the two bolted up without much fuss.

Name:  Engine and trans.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  63.4 KB
Name:  Engine and trans 1.jpg
Views: 2063
Size:  49.8 KB
ibrown50 is offline   Reply With Quote