View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #21
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

So next up ...
Throttle pedal and cable is in but need a bit of hardware to complete at the carb. Have to source a ball stud for the linkage to fit the socket on the cable and a spring clip retainer that slides over the socket end on the cable. The ball studs are easy enough to find but that spring clip retainer not so much. Also need a retainer bracket off the carb mount that the rubber grommet on the throttle cable slides into - will probably fab one up with adjustment on it so it all aligns properly.
Also have to install an offset oil filter adapter to move the filter in closer tight to the oil pan. They have those for exact situations like this where the filter is less than 1/2" from the exhaust header and in my case right up against the collector pipe.
Then on to wiring and controls. The American Autowire kit is ready to go in, getting a Grant Collector's model steering wheel for Xmas (she asked what I wanted so!!!), will order the aftermarket dash shortly and most of the rest I have here ready to go. Have been away most weeks thru the fall for work but will have a few weeks over the holidays to get a good run at working on things and moving ahead.
Attached Images