View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #3496
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livemeyer View Post
Only disappointing part is Advance Auto says they don't allow returns on electronic items. So now I have two horn relays that I don't need.
That's true for nearly all (if not all) parts stores on electrical stuff. That said, I took a bottle of R134 back 3 months ago and the counter guy said they didn't take THAT back. I went to their website and it was not listed, so I phoned around their corporate offices until I got the regional manager involved. Long story short, they do take those back, and they did take it back.

If I had not been out of town visiting when I bought that R134 - being driven around by my friend - I would not have bought at Advance, but I did. Here's why I avoid them: I had had a couple of dust-ups with them about 3 years ago - always a "gotcha", it seemed, on returns. The last straw was when I bought a handful of radiator hoses, trying to make something work. I forgot my receipt when I went to take the unused ones back, and they had labels with bar codes. The GUY WHO SOLD THEM TO ME - AND REMEMBERED ME - wouldn't take them back without a receipt.

I now go to Autozone, then O'reilly's, then...
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)

Last edited by DransportGarage; 07-12-2019 at 03:37 PM.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote