View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #46
1968aj

Re: need primer advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I use Omni MP 170[grey] and MP175 [Black] epoxy primers. Mainly I use the black then when I spray the grey high build [MP282 over the top of it spraying from black to grey really helps in spots [say the ones hard to reach] that can tell you how the coverage is. Any way I have some grey that i will be using up to get it gone cause I'm out of black right now.If you spray high build primer on it [like i said I use MP282] and then go over the body spots again reprime then I sand with 220 grit over the whole panel. If the panel is mostly flay I'll sand with my D.A.then spray a couple more coats on then sand with 400 for a nonmetallic color or 600 for a metal or pearl or [off normal type] color.
See, the metal particles will fall in the "tracks" made by the 400 grit paper but not ones left by 600 grit. And if you have a bunch of metal flakes "line up" in a "trough" made by the sand paper it looks like crud for a lack of a better word. Good luck and happy sanding. Jim
now that I have sprayed the epoxy I have the body work pretty smooth. are you saying to paint the entire truck with the high build or just the spots that need work? should I sand the epoxy before I spray the high build? there are acouple of sots that are not dents but are like chips in the paint that need to be filled. will the high build cover these or do I need to do something else? THANKS
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote