View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
k1rodeoboater

Re: How-to....69 Camaro tank retrofit

And a long overdue update...

The tank is now hooked up and runs perfectly. Still haven't hooked up the sending unit yet, mostly because crawling under the truck and contorting is a recipe for an ass load of pain since I just had back surgery on 3 herniated discs.

And also some pics of the plate mount...didn't have my license plate mounting screws with me so here it is without anything on it, but it's enough to give the general idea.

Up...

Down...

I don't know what the dimensions are...to be honest I just eyeballed it and went to town on it without a plan. In the end it's just about perfect, and looks really damn good considering I made the bend in the metal by hammering it over a piece of square tubing on a rickety sawhorse. It started out as a piece of 16ga or 18ga steel, and took me about 2.5 hours to get it bent, cut, and the holes drilled. For lighting I'm going to use a light that bolts up between the upper bolts. It's ghetto but about the only thing that I can think of that will work. I'd eventually like to come up with something a little cleaner mounted on the bumper but that's another project for another day down the road. For now this is good enough.

no garage, no shop, limited storage space and tools....no problem.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote