View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
jmwagner866

Re: S10 vs c/k1500 vs silverado, I want to go fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74CustomK20 View Post
I would go the S10 route because I also enjoys small trucks. Being 4x4 will complicate things some but still doable... I would skip the charger on the 4.3. beyond that performance kinda drops off. However putting in a small block will be easier, cheaper, and performance for those are endless... That would be my route of choice... A manual for them in factory 4x4 would be nv3500... Good for maybe 325 or so hp so you would have to watch it... Or go manual shift automatic...
I'd love to swap a 350 into a s10 but like I said it's outside my means. My buddy used to own a shop with a lift and tools but doesn't anymore so I don't have access to any of that stuff anymore. I'd have to pay a shop to do it and I don't even know where to look for a performance shop in my area anymore. With the supercharger I could bolt it on with hand tools myself in a couple hours.

Anyway I don't want to get too serious with it. Mid 13's is all I want to be able to run in the 1/4. Thats kind of why I was shying away from the 2000+ LS trucks with a turbo kit because thats a little more work than I want to do. It would scream though.

My next question is how fragile is the 4x4 and the manual trans in these trucks? I wouldn't do 4 wheel launches at the drag strip or anything, I mainly wanted 4x4 just for winter driving. If it's going to grenade on me if I make any significant sort of power then thats really a no-go. I can live with an automatic and 2x4, especially in the full size trucks because thats all I can find them in anyway.

Last edited by jmwagner866; 04-29-2017 at 07:36 PM.
jmwagner866 is offline   Reply With Quote