View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #17
69gmcc10

Re: My New 03 1500HD

I got the truck fixed from the parking lot incident. No pictures because it looks like an absolutely normal truck bed side. I have seen this shops work before and it has always been real good, but there is some trash in the paint or the clear coat, I cant tell. But it is allot better than it was so I am not worried.

I took my first real trip in the truck, about 1100 miles last week and the overall mileage for the trip was 14.4 mpg. It would have been better but 350 miles was up hill and into a Eastern Montana head wind that that netted me only 12.9 mpg. I averaged better mpg going over a 2500 ft elevation change mountain pass, go figure.

Lastly, when I bought the truck the driver side seat heater would turn on and quickly turn off and it is tarting to get cold here, so I did a search and found that it is a common issue. There are 3 problem issues in the system, the program in the seat needs to be updated or rebooted, the switch on the door goes bad and finally the elements them selves short out. I didnt think the program was the issue because the passenger seat worked and I doubted it was the switch on the door because the normal symptoms of that is the seats will turn on and off randomly, so I started with the elements. To inspect them I started tearing the drivers seat covers off and looking for any burns on the elements and I found the culprit!

Only 2 companies make a replacement part GM and Dorman. GM wants $175 for the part and through rock auto I had it shipped to me for $65. So, I tore off the old element and stuck the new one on (The part has adhesive strips). Looking at it I am impressed the truck didnt start on fire.
Attached Images

03 Silverado build thread-http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591582
69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote