View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #55
mike16

Re: Question for the purists

some of us get a bit emotional about this issue. Myself included. I remember when the 55-57 chevy's were a dime a dozen and everybody justified over restoring them or loading them up with options or even parting them out. Now even the four door and wagon models are going thru thr roof i n terms of value. those clean origonal base models are rare and pricey. alot of people regret that they were chewed up and spit out by hobbiest like us.

Now the same dialogue is going on about our trucks.

also.... those very rare origonal, untouched trucks will soon become the refference points for high standard restorations. we see high priced restorations that are not correct and it ellcits alot of emotions in participants. all of this can be avoided if we recognise and value those origonal untouched trucks.

What i'm trying to say is that soon those origonal untouched trucks will become valuable refferences for correct restorations. It is those Correct restorations that will themselves increase in value and thus raise the value of all trucks. and raise the bar for all restorations.Its like protecting our envirionment and preserving our natural resources.

so its in the best interest of everybody to retain untouched origonal trucks in thier present state. for thier own sake, and for the sake of this hobby and for the future.

if not.... then history will repeat itself. One only has to look at the Corvette side of the hobby to know this is true. We can do this without making all the mistakes they made.

I dont think its so important who is and is not a purist. Its what your attitude is towards these origonal untouched vehicles is and how you feel about your responsabilities towards this hobby and its future. You dont have to own an origonal untouched vehicle to be a purist or support thier view. you only have to want all of our vehicles to increase in value.

all the various arguements pro and con, they have been played out over the decades in the corvette side of the hobby, so there is nothing new to debate one way or the other. its really down to who you are and why you are involved in this hobby. the sides have already been chosen. its simply a matter of which one you are on. and whether your behavior improves the hobby ....or not

Last edited by mike16; 10-12-2017 at 05:57 PM.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote