View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #7
ChevyTech

Re: 350 TBI Swap Hiccup :/

Hi NF6,
I got you PM.

The injectors should have power to them when ever the key is on. There is a fuse in the fuse box for the injectors.

The ECM grounds the other side of the injectors to make them spray fuel.

Half the fuse box not getting power can be from a burnt fusible link out under the hood on the passenger side of the firewall. Lose nuts at the junction box can also cause this problem. Another thing that can cause that on these trucks is a bad ignition switch which is at the lower end of the steering column. A rod comes down from the top end. Don't tare into the upper end of the column to fix it.

The scotch locks under the hood are a No No in my book. I won't probe wire insulation because it can lead to corrosion problems making opens in the wire in the future.

I am crazy busy, and have not been making it to the boards lately, but if I can find some time over the next days I will look at a schematic for your truck and get back to this thread.

CT
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote