View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 AM   #8
NF6

Re: 350 TBI Swap Hiccup :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Hi NF6,
I got you PM.

The injectors should have power to them when ever the key is on. There is a fuse in the fuse box for the injectors.

The ECM grounds the other side of the injectors to make them spray fuel.

Half the fuse box not getting power can be from a burnt fusible link out under the hood on the passenger side of the firewall. Lose nuts at the junction box can also cause this problem. Another thing that can cause that on these trucks is a bad ignition switch which is at the lower end of the steering column. A rod comes down from the top end. Don't tare into the upper end of the column to fix it.

The scotch locks under the hood are a No No in my book. I won't probe wire insulation because it can lead to corrosion problems making opens in the wire in the future.

I am crazy busy, and have not been making it to the boards lately, but if I can find some time over the next days I will look at a schematic for your truck and get back to this thread.

CT
Hi CT,

I will be checking the fusible links today to see if one of them is burnt. The injectors do get power at the fuse box, I have tested their fuse using a test light and I showed that in the first video I posted. But when I check them at the injectors end point there's no power at all.

I checked couple of diagrams, and they show that there are fuses that should be "hot at all times", but those aren't hot, but maybe as you said, it might be one bad fusible link.

For the ignition switch, I am using the original 70 switch, I rewired it and it seems to be working. Because when I crank it, it does work and if I pour some gas in the TBI, the truck runs then dies of lack of fuel.

I did use scotch locks to ground two things temporarily where it connects to the ECM. I thought ground was the issue at first, that's why I went with them scotch locks. But the issue seems that it isn't a ground.

It is confusing. I understand how busy you're and I appreciate you getting back to me. Please get back to me when you get a chance!

-Naz
NF6 is offline   Reply With Quote