View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #47
jodydewey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

The pictures above with the remote master cylinder - does anyone know what kind of vehicle that came out of? I don't think I am going to have problems when I switch to power brakes but if I do THAT remote master cylinder is the answer! The only thing that worries me about clearance is when I add power brakes. The master cylinder that I measured had a spacer bracket that measured 7 5/8 inches from the firewall. That was well beyond the clutch master cylinder of my truck.

I think I am going to redo the mounting of my clutch master cylinder. I am going to grind the welds so I can mount it flush. Maybe - maybe not. I finally got my truck moved to the backyard where I can finish the rust repair and get the engine and transmission installed. I will be building the transmission crossmember also. I will post pics of the crossmember with measurements so you can all copy it. When I get the engine and transmission mounted I will also post measurements of the locations for the holes in the hump and frame for the crossmember.