View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
menace121978

Finally "Silvers" build thread!! ('78 swb 2wd silverado)

alright guys, 1st off i want to thank everyone here for allowing me to do this life long awaiting project. this forum is just full of knowledge and helpful people. this is a slow build because i'm doing everything myself and i've been taking autobody and welding classes at night so i can continue to do everything all the way to the paint booth.

now for some quick back ground. this truck was purchased new by my grandfather. 1st thing he did was take a few leafs out of the back and put on the mags. i was brought home from the hosipital when i was born in this truck. my papa drove her for 10 years and sold her to my dad who drove her another 15 years everyday to work. i bought her from my dad about 5 years ago and fixed her up a bit the 1st year and parked her. in december of '08 i started making plans for a frame off and in january i started taking her apart.
heres how she looked...

my plans for her are total resto w/ a 5.3 ls motor and 4l60 trans. new generation technology under old school style. my plans may change due to the smog laws out here after reading about the problems acex is having. if thats the case i will use the 350 crate motor my dad had put in back in '93 and back it up w/ a 700r4. i just need to find out if vortec heads and a mild cam will pass smog and get me to my 300hp goal. i'm building more of a weekend cruiser thats in memory of my papa and dedicated to my dad. heres some pics...

1978 Silverado (2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed)complete nut & bolt frame off restomod LQ9/4L80E
MY LS SWAP/FRAME OFF BUILD BOOK

2006 TBSS way too much to list

Last edited by menace121978; 06-06-2011 at 01:20 AM.