View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 11:13 PM   #3
SkinnyG

Re: MegaSquirting the Crusty Chevy

Day 2

I finished up the fuel pumps and stuff on the frame, adding a filter after the EFI pump. Ran the lines up along the firewall, and connected to the pressure gauge and TBI unit. Pressure tested fine with no leaks, and set the regulator to 20psi.

This would have been a WHOLE LOT EASIER if I was willing to cough up the money for new tanks and two pumps. Stupid me.

Today was mostly wiring. The ECU got placed, all the sensors got wired, O2 bung got welded in but it shrank so I had to run into town in the Geriatric Buick to get an 18x1.5 tap. That will get threaded tomorrow, and the wideband will finally be installed.

The relay box is from a Nissan Pickup. It's quite modular, so you can fit resistor packs, or relays, or what-have-you.

The bundled wires near it on the left are all for a heated O2. For now, I want to get it all tuned on the W/B, and then throw in a basic O2 for everyday driving.

I had to get a swivel-able thermostat housing, as the only temperature bung on this older Performer intake is pretty much under the hose itself. The hole is 1/2" NPT, and the sensor is 3/8" NPT. And no, the parts store didn't have that adapter. Instead of wasting more time running around, I bought a 1/2"-1/4" adapter that they did have, as well as a 3/8" pipe tap, and made my own.

I tried to organize wires and make it all pretty like, but dang that's work, and I pretty much need this truck up and running by Tuesday. If it all goes wrong, I can probably still throw the carb back on and drive it.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote