Thread: TKO 600 swap
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 12:13 PM   #25
cse

Re: TKO 600 swap

@mikentosh - Thanks for posting up your two floor pictures. Your blue truck looks to have the same high hump I have. I'm going to have to do some boxing or mini-tunnel behind the bolt in hump like you did. I'm waiting to get the driveshaft in to determine exactly how much. I was hoping to stop cutting where I did, but I'm already at 4 degrees down on the tailshaft and I don't think I will have enough clearance for the driveshaft as the rear axle travels. I'd like to make it all bolt in, but I'm concerned it may not be as rigid as welding it in. Are the humps in the blue truck and Cannonball bolt-in or are they welded? Also good information on the forward shifter position working well in your trucks. I haven't put the seat back in, but just eye-balling it looks like it's going to work.

@mongocanfly - I'm planning to use the furthest forward of the three shifter positions on the T56 (where the yellow tape is at in my picture). Currently I'm looking at a 10" - 30 degree shifter, but I plan to do drive it with some mock-ups before I commit (really like the Bowler). I originally planned to use a 6060, but changed to a T56 Magnum after I started the thread and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to change the thread title.
cse is offline   Reply With Quote