View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
mechanixman

Re: 1952 3/4 Ton Rebuild

Well, I'm a junior in High School, and I have Spring Break in march. So I figured with a full week without distractions, I might be able to get at least a substantial part of the bodywork done. I figured I would work on the engine first. Right now, I'm rebuilding the 3 carbs that came with it. I know the one on the left is the original, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to restore all of them, just in case one was screwed up. (so far, i think the one on the left is beyond repair).

I was cruising through Menards, and found this tub that is used to coat wallpaper in glue to stick it to the wall. I filled the tub full of CLR and set the valve cover in it. I'd let it set for a few hours, then scrape the rust with stiff wire brush. Just finished the top side, and it looks fantastic. Do you guys have any ideas to remove rust on something like the block? I went to a few auto parts stores, I didn't find too much. That's why I went with CLR. It seems to work great, but I don't want to more damage without realizing it.
Attached Images

Projects:
1952 Chevy 1 ton = The Build page
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote