View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #174
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Making some good progress Scott. power through the rust repair, you'll be glad when you're done
Thanks man! I'm finished with the rust repair, for now anyway. What's left will be fixed after a while. I need to enjoy it for a while first

It was supposed to rain all day yesterday but it didn't rain a drop so I got busy getting the front clip put back together when I got home last night. Sent a picture to my buddy and he came by to buff some of the paint out and to start getting the new fenders to match the truck. I'm so ecstatic on how this is turning out, just a little time with the buffer and the paint will look amazing again!

Inner fenders are on, I had to trim the driver's side a bit to clear my new steering shaft for the rack so there was a bit of on and off cycles but it wasn't terrible.

Next was the core support, went on nice and easy

My buddy stopped by to start making the fenders match the truck and got the passenger side of the cab buffed out. I'm getting excited to drive this thing again!

The fenders are a bit cloudy so we're going to let the paint cure for a while longer and see if we can get the color to match a bit better. Not a horrible match in my opinion though!

Going to call and set the exhaust appointment up today for hopefully Saturday. I gotta get a couple things ready before hand but I can do it!