View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #24
landarts
landarts

Re: 68 Second Chance

Busy weekend working on the second chance project. First thing was to get the shop cleaned up, tools in order and move this truck out to the driveway so I could get things cleaned up. Grabbed the seat out of the back of the bed and tossed it in without bolting it down, fired up the truck and backed it out of the garage, down the driveway and parked it in the street in front of the house. As I was walking back up the driveway it occurred to me that the truck just took its first drive on in twenty years. That was a pretty cool feeling that I was responsible for saving another truck.

I had received a few orders from the Brown Santa when I got home from work Friday afternoon. Seat cover showed up and the other box was gauge bezel, heater control repair kit and 5" round mirrors. Everything looked good until I opened the box on the seat cover and noticed right away that they sent the wrong seat cover. Wrong color and was supposed to be a two tone cover. So I double checked the invoice and the the product number and those were correct, the cover was not. So back it will go for another replacement.

Got the garage cleaned out a bit, rolled the K10 4x4 frame out into the drive and hooked up the tow bar and took it over to my storage lot next door to my neighborhood. that alone will really open up some working space. Then I started up the truck again and drove it into the garage and put it up on skates so it will be easy to move around in the garage depending on what I am working on.

First order was to wrap up whatever I needed on the front fender so I could get it mounted. Front side looked good and needed to flip iot over and address the inside extra 1/2" welding that I had to do because the repop part was not long enough. Spent about 30 to 40 minutes on that with a couple coats of Pro Gold filler and SEM black epoxy primer. I also noticed a very small area on the back of the fender where it mounts to the truck in the lower apron area had a rust spot about the size of a dime. After grinding a little bit I extended the repair area to about the size of a half dollar coin. Cut it out with a little reciprocating air saw. Made a template, cut it out and welded it in. A little grinding, a coat or two of Pro Gold and some epoxy primer and its ready to go.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote